First of all - no method is 100% secure (even with HLS Video Encryption or full DRM solutions - users can somehow find a way to capture your video (via screen capture, recording, etc.)). Piracy is one of those unfortunate and unavoidable realities of digital content distribution via Internet. Any media you share online (images, audio, video, etc.) is at risk of being copied and re-used without your permission.
But following few best practices you can secure your videos best as possible for online delivery - so it will be very difficult for end visitors to retrieve and save your videos
Best practice to secure your videos with Publitio is :
- make videos private (they will have access token which expire after period of time) and our SDK's or Plugins auto retrieves new access tokens on each call you make to api endpoint
- apply watermarks on videos during upload
- enable domain level protection at https://publit.io/dashboard/settings/protection this will make sure your videos play only on specific domains and links to videos will not be sharable
- use publitio player or generated video source which will have disabled "Mouse 2" click option so users can not inspect directly video source and find mp4 or webm links
- wait a little bit more till we release HLS video encryption (this will block 99.99% tries to retrieve your videos)